We Have Moved!

We have moved our blog to the new CHB website! Check us out over there to find our latest stories and reviews!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Victoria: And So it Begins

Once again, we've reached the beginning of Camp NaNoWriMo.  Tyler (my brother-in-law who is also participating) and I stayed up till midnight so that we could get a head start, and both of us have reached our daily word count goal before the sun is even up, so that's pretty cool.  I'm simply continuing The Window of Impossible Things, and he's starting a new story.  It's been really fun having a writing buddy who was actually...you know...writing with me.  We've been swapping quotes and concepts back and forth, bouncing ideas off each other for inspiration.

It's been a while since I've really written anything, and I stopped on a rather difficult part of the novel.  I wasn't sure where to go from there, so I was worried that getting back into the swing of writing would take quite a while.  And yes, tumblr and Penny Arcade did distract me for a while, but I'm excited that the words flowed as quickly as they did.  I'm writing the second act turn, the rallying point for my MC to rise up after her Dark Night of the Soul and realize that she actually can accomplish her goal.  It's going rather well, though I'm not quite sure how I feel about what I've just written.  It's alright, but I think it needs a bit more.  I'll probably fix that later.  Note to self: August is for editing!

I'm really excited that Tyler is participating this month.  I always bug people to do NaNo, and though several of my friends and even my husband have previously agreed, it hasn't had nearly the effect on them as it has had on me.  It didn't help them write more, and it didn't make them more excited about writing.  Tyler seems to be different, though.  He's been saying for days how anxious he is to get writing, and he seems legitimately excited to write, which is good.  That's how I always feel, so it's finally nice to share the experience with someone who feels similarly to me about it.

I think this is going to be an interesting month.  I just hope I can finally finish my novel.  It will just make my year if I can finish the first draft of this thing and start editing and whatnot.  I'm anxious to finish everything and finally allow someone else to read it.  I'm really only working with my own opinion here, and that's unusual for me.

It's late, I'm tired, and I have more writing to do later today, so goodnight and happy writing!

Victoria

PS: 1251

(originally posted on Victoria's writing blog Curious Nonsense)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...